The New York Times attests that the violinist Janine Jansen has “a kind of radiant modesty”, and indeed: even in moments of utmost virtuosity, her performances captivate with introspection and substance. This ability is particularly well demonstrated in Tchaikovsky’s Violin Concerto, which, despite its fast yet expressive tempos, is always interspersed with subtle nuances. To bring the concert to a close, Paavo Järvi conducts Robert Schumann’s sonorous and exuberant Rhenish Symphony.
- THE NHK SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA EXTENDS PAAVO JÄRVI’S CONTRACT TO AUGUST 2022
- PAAVO JÄRVI AND THE ROYAL CONCERTGEBOUW ORCHESTRA TOUR ASIA
- “Radiant modesty” – Live Broadcast with the Berlin Philharmonic on 12 Oct 2019, 19:00 (CET)
- “THE BRAHMS CODE”
- Paavo Järvi makes his début as Chief Conductor and Music Director of the Tonhalle-Orchester Zürich on 2 October
- Olivier Messiaen – first CD release