On 13 August – immediately following this year’s Pärnu Music Festival – Paavo Järvi and the Estonian Festival Orchestra will travel to London for its Proms debut. Not only will this performance be an important debut for the Estonian Festival Orchestra but it also marks the first occasion that an Estonian Orchestra has ever performed at the Proms and will be broadcast on both BBC Radio 3 and BBC TV. The programme features Pärt’s Symphony No.3, Grieg’s Piano Concerto with soloist Khatia Buniatishvili and Sibelius’ Symphony No.5. Together they will perform the same programme at Hamburg’s Elbphilharmonie on 15 August racking up another important debut for the orchestra as its international profile grows at an extraordinary pace.
- PAAVO JÄRVI LAUNCHES 2019 WITH THE NEW YORK PHILHARMONIC
- START OF A GOLDEN AGE FOR TONHALLE-ORCHESTER ZÜRICH
- OPUS KLASSIK AWARD FOR BRAHMS SYMPHONY NO.2 & OVERTURES
- ESTONIAN FESTIVAL ORCHESTRA AT THE BBC PROMS
- THE ESTONIAN FESTIVAL ORCHESTRA DEBUTS TO CRITICAL ACCLAIM AT BBC PROMS & ELBPHILHARMONIE
- PAAVO JÄRVI CONDUCTS THE BERLIN PHILHARMONIC “EUROPAKONZERT” ON 1ST MAY FROM BAYREUTH