2018 celebrates the 100th anniversary of Estonian Independence and to mark the occasion Paavo Järvi is taking the Estonian Festival Orchestra on its first major European tour in January with concerts in Tallinn, Brussels, Zurich, Cologne, Berlin, Vienna and Luxembourg, together with soloist, Viktoria Mullova. The orchestra’s debut recording is released simultaneous to the tour on Alpha Classics featuring Shostakovich Symphony No.6 and Sinfonietta, both recorded at the Pärnu Music Festival in Estonia.
- OPUS KLASSIK AWARD FOR BRAHMS SYMPHONY NO.2 & OVERTURES
- ESTONIAN FESTIVAL ORCHESTRA AT THE BBC PROMS
- THE ESTONIAN FESTIVAL ORCHESTRA DEBUTS TO CRITICAL ACCLAIM AT BBC PROMS & ELBPHILHARMONIE
- PAAVO JÄRVI CONDUCTS THE BERLIN PHILHARMONIC “EUROPAKONZERT” ON 1ST MAY FROM BAYREUTH
- PAAVO JÄRVI AND THE ESTONIAN FESTIVAL MAKE HISTORICAL PROMS DEBUT
- 150 YEARS BRAHMS REQUIEM IN BREMEN